~~~~~~Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers ~~Lilypie Second Birthday tickers~~~~~~

Friday, February 18, 2011

瀚今宝贝+元宵节快乐+中国媳妇 Han Jin + Lantern Festival + Daughter in law of China

A little low right now... I just yelled at Han Jin when he did his Kumon, which is a test after completing a level and it was supposed to be finished withing 10 mins, but it took us more than an hour, yet still not finished. I felt so sorry that I couldn't control myself any better. Afterall, he is just a 4.5 year old kid, and I am the dearest person he has in this world. I yelled at him, and almost used the word 'stupid'. I need to better control and manage this. Indeed. Of the precious 2 hours I have with my kids each day, we should not spend it in such a way. I kissed him and sayanged him before he fell asleep, and now he is in sound sleep. Hope he has a sweet dream without the tiger mom...

心情不是太好,觉得很对不起瀚今。刚才瀚今做作业的时候冲他喊了,本来10分钟要完成的数学题,花了一个小时多还没有做完。我应该更好地忍耐和教导,4岁半的孩子,可能给了他太多的压力,来自最亲爱的妈妈。一天就只有这么两个小时,和我的宝贝们在一起,不应该是这样度过的。尽量地安抚他,在他临睡前,做个好梦,宝贝,不要记着发脾气的妈妈。明天妈妈会做得更好一点的。我要一点一点进步。

花了一点点时间让自己平静下来,打开电脑,看到朋友的祝福,才意识到今天是元宵节。没有吃元宵,也没有跟孩子们讲什么是元宵节。Google了一下元宵节,明天早上讲给瀚今听。元宵节快乐!

http://baike.baidu.com/view/1949.htm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lantern_Festival

After Han Jin's appointment on Tuesday, tough daddy was determined to send Han Jin back to school. Softer mummy was hesitating and would like to keep Han Jin at home for a few more days/weeks. However, I gave in and agreed to send Han Jin back on Wed, which I was on leave, so that I can take him back anytime if necessary. We reached Little Skool House by about 9am and most classmates were already there and getting ready for outdoor play. Han Jin refused to go in initially, and we had a deal that he would just go in to say hi to the friends and teachers. Kids are such wonderful creatures, and they genuinely care. Once Han Jin was inside, everyone came surrounded him, asking numerous questions and Tsai Lao Shi had to discipline to have them raised up hands one by one. Han Jin was showered by warmth and care, and I think he did miss his friends. He confirmed with his best friend, He Zhang, that he is still his best friends.

The class was then ready for outdoor play. Han Jin and I stayed in the school to play toys and read books. Around 10 plus, the kids came back and Han Jin joined them again. Sensing that he enjoyed the company and activities, I retreated quietly while signalling to the teacher. I stayed in the waiting area for 10 mins, heard Han Jin calling mummy, but no cry. I went down to the lobby, read a piece of newspaper, stayed until 11:30am, went up again, asked Auntie Mable to check on Han Jin, and was told he was ok. For the rest of the day, I was uneasy, unsettled, and called the school many times to confirm that he was ok. Went to fectch him at 5pm, he obviously enjoyed himself very much, and stayed back another 10mins to finish his drawing!

His spirit was kept high for the rest of the day, and I am amazed by how fast kids can adapt and regenerate!

拜二看过医生后,比较强硬的爸爸坚持让瀚今去上学,温软一点的妈妈很想让瀚今在家多休息几天或几个礼拜。最后爸爸胜出,拜三妈妈休假的时候送瀚今去学校,这样我可以随时接他回来,有必要的话。去了学校,小朋友非常关心瀚今,围着他问长问短,呵护倍加,瀚今也很开心。我留下来陪瀚今到10点多,又在外面待到11点多,多次跟老师确认他没事,才忐忑不安地走了。一整天都提心吊胆,不停打电话去学校。早早去接他,瀚今玩的很开心,停留了十分钟画完化妆舞会的邀请函才愿意跟我走!

孩子多么会适应和再充电呀!反倒是妈妈多虑了。

今天和Donna还有其他几个同事约好吃午餐,听Donna讲她去中国见未来公婆的经历。很开心的Donna!看来爱情的在我们的Donna和Mr ABC (American Born Chinese,美籍华人)之间盛开地很美!希望可爱的Donna快点成为我们的中国媳妇哦!

Had lunch with Donna and the girls. Our sweet Donna is dating Mr ABC and deeply in love. She spent the CNY in China with the future parents in law and the big family. She shared the email from the father in law who did a slide of Donna's pictures! She's so much loved by the family! Hope that she become daughter in law of a Chinese family soon! How sweet! Loving couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment