~~~~~~Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers ~~Lilypie Second Birthday tickers~~~~~~

Monday, June 11, 2012

Montesorri

The 2nd day after our return, I sent Han Yue to the Montessori Childcare center at West Coast Recreation Center, which we had visited twice before our home trip.

The center is quite wore out compared to other newer center, but what really impressed me is the attitude of the teachers, towards children, parents, and their co-workers. On my first visit, a teacher (didn't get her name) received me after the admin staff explained about procedures. She spent at least one hour with, showing me around the school, explained the Montessori methods, led me through classes where the teachers are in action. I witnessed how the teachers handling a new crying child, how the teacher ask another colleague to attend to a child who wants to wee while she's hands are full with another child, how each staff acknowledges me and their coworkers.

On our second visit on a Sat, we met the form teacher, Ms Hassena who made the effort to engage Han Yue and introduce her to a classmate.

On the first day Han Yue went to the school, she let go my hands and walked into the room by herself. As there were one HFM case in the school, I was not allowed to accompany but to peep through the window. She was well composed, a little quiet, but followed through with no issue at all.

This is such a drastic comparison against another center in the same price range that I visited 3 times before, and sent her for half a day. The center is brand new with all fancy toys and decos, and is a branch of an established name. But the principal is rather rigid who insist us paying a full month fee even if we joined during the month at her advice as there were HFM outbreak in the early half of the month. Han Yue came back home wet. My maid said that she was crying and nobody attended to her when she fetched her.

So infrastructure vs teachers? I choose teachers, and hopefully the Montessori center doesn't fail me.

Some very blurred picture taken from iPhone from a distanced window. well, the center is old, but teachers are nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment