~~~~~~Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers ~~Lilypie Second Birthday tickers~~~~~~

Friday, March 4, 2011

Han Jin's Fashion Show 瀚今的化妆舞会

It's my happy off day again. Han Jin's class organised a cultural fashion show cum dressed up party in the morning. Thanks for the batman cloak Wan Yang bought from Australia, Han Jin is in the name of batman today. When I was there, I realised how much thoughts all the parents  had put in. There were Snow White, Batman, Power Ranger, Spider Man, Strawberry Shortcake, all type of fairies, Cowgirl, Witch etc. My Han Jin seemed a bit under dressed. I have to console myself that with the cast, I couldn't buy any costume and cut it in order for him to wear. Han Jin was a bit reluctant at first to walk the show. Sensitive mommy was then worried that whether he felt a bit awkward that his best friend, He Zhang, was in a full set of batman costume. But kids are kids, he turned cheerful very soon, and walked down the aisle with a certain cool look which goes well with the batman character.

Oh, Han Jin insisted to go to school on time though I originally wanted to keep him at home till 10am when the event starts. So after dropping him, we (Mei Mei, auntie Imelda and I) went to Ghim Moh for a little shopping. I found there is actually organic lollipop selling in the Organfarm I used to go for Mei's food. Bought a few and Mei obviously enjoyed it!

On mentioning of auntie Imelda, in relation to the previous entry on who is the boss at home, I finally found out how my kids got the idea that daddy is the boss. It was cultivated by auntie Imelda! One recent day, again, Mei wanted to watch TV and asked me, and auntie Imelda stepped in to say that you should ask daddy as daddy is the boss. I was startled by my maid, as it shouldn't be part of her duty to tell my kids who is the boss. Even if she indeed thinks so, given the submissive female figure in her bringing up society, she shouldn't be in any position to influence my child to ignore my authority. I was quite annoyed and told her off, which I usually wouldn't do. In fact, she is one of the few people that I'd least like to offend as my gal is in her hand the whole day while I am at work. And I do believe if I treat her with respect and care, she would do so in turn. I have always been trying to keep her happy. Do you think I should talk to her again on this matter, or is that too much?

Ok, back to today, Mei had low grade fever and phlegm for past few days. After the show, I brought her to Kinder Clinic at Holland Grove by Dr Ravi, who patiently asked and explained, accommodated Mei's fear of doctor by examining her outside the consultation room, and second time even come out of the clinic. Much appreciated. I would recommend Kinder Clinic, both Dr Ravi at Holland Grove and Dr Gong at Gleneagles are good paediatricians. We were given the medicine, plus backup antibiotics if situation doesn't go well in next 1 or 2 days. Just now, when I put Mei into sleep, she had cough triggered vomit on me... Maybe I will start the antibiotics tomorrow.

After a quick lunch, I went to Aveda Spa at Paragon. My hubby bought a spa package with the then True Spa two years ago, which was taken over by Subtle Senses, which went bankrupt mid last year. It was a 48 session package and we only used 3 times. This Aveda Spa, probably at mediation by some spa association, is so call helping the customers to redeem their unused packages. However, when I was there, I found out I have to top up $300 over, together with my unused value at $2,600, can only redeem 5 facial sessions... And accordingly to the girl, they are high end spa service provider and the facial session indeed cost more than $500 per session even for their own client. Talked to Daddy over the phone, and we decided to bite the bullet and probably just experience the 'high end' beauty industry, as otherwise, the chances of us getting anything back is very slim. I will update you how different a $500 facial is vs a $50 facial.

With a downpour at Orchard Road, my mood is much dampened as well.

Coming back, Mei seemed fine. So we went to Ikea for some quick buy which turned out to be not so quick. Auntie Imelda borrowed over $60 today from me to buy stuff at Ghim Moh and at Ikea. That is over 10% of her salary... Mei tried my sunglasses on the way to fetch Han Jin and I even took a few shot at traffic light. Heehee..

今天我又休假,早上艳阳高照,下午大雨滂沱,傍晚又雨过天晴。心情也大致如此。

瀚今的班上早上开化装舞会,小朋友们穿着各种各样的服饰走台步,有花仙子,白雪公主,小精灵,牛仔女郎,小草莓,咸蛋超人,蝙蝠侠。。。。瀚今是蝙蝠侠造型,不过不够全副武装,前去加油的妹妹也有小兔子造型。
瀚今瀚月

认真走台步的孩子们
去瀚今学校之前,在锦茂逛了逛,居然发现有卖有机棒棒糖的。呵呵,妹妹吃的很开心!好像第二个孩子就没有第一个那么在意不要吃垃圾食物了。。。去了瀚今学校之后,带妹妹去看医生,这几天有些咳,上次的经历吓到我了。。。


下午,去乌节路上百利宫一家美容院。原因是爸爸在妈妈刚生完妹妹时买了一个按摩的配套,一直很忙,48次的配套总共才去了3次,原来的美容院在去年倒闭了,已经做好了什么都拿不回来的准备,看着一脸无辜的爸爸,也只能无声胜有声了。。。可能是因为所谓美容协会的调停,一些业内美容院出来用相应的服务抵消,刚接到电话时挺开心的,毕竟好像会有点补偿。去了之后,也知道不可能拿回45按摩服务,却发现我们要再补多$300多新币,才拿回5次面部护理,加上原来还的钱,一次护理要近600块。据说这是百利宫的消费水平。百利宫像是我2000年还在西安的世纪金花,不知西安城里现在最in的是哪里。。。很沮丧,但是只好接受了,远超过我的消费水平呀!一次$50的护理我很开心,一次$100的我也能接受,这样的价钱真的很浪费!嫌市区的停车费贵,我都是搭巴士去的。。。近3000人民币一次的护理,老妈你别骂我!出来是瓢泼大雨,我偏偏穿了一双花格子的布鞋,踩乌节路的水,郁闷呀!

一路巴士坐回来,只好阿Q一下了。。。我老公说,难不成是给脸上贴金子。就去体验一下吧。就当300块买5次护理吧!

阿Q完了,心情好了,带妹妹去宜家家具城买些东西。妹妹很开心的在每个showroom里走过,坐在推车里。结账的时候,才60多块买了一大堆东西,还有会员咖啡喝,想想那冤枉的600块一次的护理。。唉。。stop,宜家不错,东西时尚,价钱公道,质量一般。。。赶着去接瀚今的路上,太阳又出来了,妹妹很喜欢太阳眼镜,在弄坏了她的和哥哥的之后,就玩我的了。。。
两个蝙蝠侠,妹妹在诊所,妹妹在宜家,妹妹试戴妈妈的眼镜

8 comments:

  1. 看来Package并不划算,除非能坚持下来,以前在马光的时候,很多人也买美容配套,通常是10次,48次也太多了吧.不过你的脸真是贴着金子,难怪这么漂亮...没钱,酸一下...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 如果妹妹在咳嗽,而且有痰,尽量不要给他吃甜的东西。另外,上次小牛咳嗽,最后还是吃保婴丹才彻底好的。保婴丹一般中药店都有,我推荐余仁生的。

    ReplyDelete
  3. 我也曾在一时冲动签了一百次的我认为超值得SPA配套于Orchard Spa'Dor,买的人可笑呆了。没时常去,才用了25%呢!我担心会像敏的下场,要马上打电去查还营业。。。

    妹妹在咳嗽, 我家有多余仁生保婴丹存货可过来取,别花钱买,可免费试吃兼观察药效。

    Wong Family 也超爱宜家的慨念哦!"You don't have to be rich to be clever" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 一个一个回:
    WanYing: 是我老公。。。我一没留神,他耳根子软,就被美女说动签了48次。。。
    Ping:嗯,大大的同意,有另一个朋友友情留言:
    孩子咳嗽时不能吃棒棒糖,糖在咽喉部形成一个高渗环境,容易惹痰...还有尽量让她接近空腹时才睡觉,要不然咳的时候必吐无疑...
    都是有经验的妈妈呀!我要多多学习。。。
    ChenNi: 一定要赶紧用完那一百次的配套,实在用不完,可以transfer吗?呵呵。。。嗯,多谢!我已经给妹妹吃抗生素了,这两天有空联系,给我一点试一下?妹妹吃药很struggle。。。

    ReplyDelete
  5. 我曾问妈妈们有没有兴趣一起去按摩, 可大家反应冷淡, 就不了了之。。。不用transfer. Just let me know in advance the date so I could help to make booking to secure the time slot. You and your hubby can go together as couple room is available :) 1 hour massage session per person S$30 (inclusive GST) at Orchard Hotel Shopping (behind Orchard Delfi). Take 106 direct bus from Holland and alright at Delfi Orchard bus stop.

    Coming Wednesday evening I will go Holland, not sure is it too late to let MeiMei try the medicine?

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks, ChenNi, I think the message session is really value for money.. yep, I recall you asked.. but then I still have the 48 session... think my husband will be interested...

    I hope MeiMei is well by Wed...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The effectiveness of medicine is vary.
    ‘Boa Ying Tan’ from Yu Ren Shen, not works for Angelina. I shall give you some to try for MeiMei if her cough persist or occur again next round.
    For Wong Family the cough syrah ‘Prospan’ with dried Ivy leaves extract is worked for us. It was available at any Guardian pharmacy. Sent you photo info via ur email add.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks. I used Prospan before.. Dr prescribed for me.. yes. it is very effective.

    but would like to try Chinese Medicine as it is herb based. Thanks in advance, and hope Angelina gets well soon.

    Love makes you strong! Touched by your puppy love turned lifetime romance!

    ReplyDelete