~~~~~~Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers ~~Lilypie Second Birthday tickers~~~~~~

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Daddy's girl 爸爸的宝贝女儿

Mei used to run away whenever Daddy is in sight, scream when Daddy trys to hug her, mumbles 'Daddy go away'. I suspected that it takes time for the bonding to simmering in, and eventually, the girl will be Daddy's girl, even closer with Daddy than Mummy.

Well, it's definitely been improved very much lately. Evidence as below:
- she allows Daddy to listen to her heartbeat, a game two of them play regularly. Mei used to push him away, but now she lets daddy listen and pat him gently over the shoulder when he bends down to her heart level;
- she allows Daddy to feed her, and when daddy comes back from work (usually after we had our dinner) she will say 'I want Shu Cai (veggie)' and daddy will pick the shu cai from his bowl and feed her (mind our standard of hygiene)
- she massages for daddy, either sitting on him, or standing on him with a sudden stomp or flop, and giggles blissfully when daddy groans from the unexpected attack.

妹妹最近和爸爸越来越好,以前不让爸爸碰,不让爸爸抱。现在快要成了爸爸的宝贝女儿:
- 爸爸在听妹妹的心跳,妹妹轻轻拍爸爸的肩膀;
- 爸爸喂妹妹吃蔬菜;
- 妹妹帮爸爸做按摩。

My sweetie becomes more vocal, and a bit canny or naughty at times. 2 ancedotes today:

1. she put a water botter over her nose and says: Mei Mei becomes elephant. Oh, the limitless imagination of kids.
2. she put out a basket of small balls and looked at me, I said 'don't drop it', she smiled and turned the basket over slowly, balls bounced into all corners. I said 'pick it up', she said 'mummy cry' (I knew that she wanted me to pretending crying and she would then pick it up and made me happy), I said 'mummy will not cry, mummy will scold'. She forcefully insisted 'mummy cry' for over 10 times. I insisted she picking the balls up, she knocked my head using the basket with all her might. I kept my face straight, and she threw herself into my arms and started sobbing. I caved in. We settled for a 'sorry mummy', and picked up the balls together. Should I be more strict?

No comments:

Post a Comment