~~~~~~Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers ~~Lilypie Second Birthday tickers~~~~~~

Monday, May 9, 2011

Important weekend 重要的周末

Something hard to miss for this weekend.

7 May

General Election 2011. I stayed up till 3am to watch the telecast of poll results, followed news throughout the running of the election, with a passion that I have not found ever before. My GRC is the only one not contested for this election, so I have no chance to vote. Think I am in line with the general public:
- support the overall ruling of the Government;
- like to have more balance and checks;
- felt for Mr Chiam;
- felt for George Yeo;
- inspired by Nicole Seah;
- impressed by WP.

I hope my kids will grow up to someone who believe what they do and do what they believe, have a passion to help the needy and serve the community, less cynical than an ordinary youth, and have the empowerment and maturity.

Who says new citizens are politically indifferent and just here to ride the economic gains? This is a place that my kids will grow up in, and I definitely want it to be a better place. Though a lot might argue, that new citizens might be more comfortable with the current situation since they chose to stay. It is probably true, as I don't really feel much of the pain about the rising cost of living and generally happy with whatever the Government offers now. However, I still want it to be a better place and am passionate about the future of this nation.

8 May

Mother's day. Han Jin drew a picture of me in a round plate, and made me a pack of soybean milk, a school initiative. I enjoyed my pack very much. Thanks to my dear son.
Other than the GE, life goes on. Since we don't have to vote, we went to the zoo with friends on Sat, and went to west coast park on Sun under boiling hot weather. Han Jin had sunburns on the cheek though I applied sunblock for him. So did I, on my feet and neck where I neglected of sun protection. Is there an increased chance of getting skin cancer in the tropical weather?

5月7日,新加坡5年一度的大选,我的选区划归国父领导,没有反对党来竞选,所以不用投票。但还是热情挺高地追选情。为落选的优秀人才嘘吁。为政府的稳定开心。

5月8日,母亲节,收到瀚今的礼物。我的画像和他手制的豆浆。谢谢我细腻的儿子。

Other things happened lately:
- Osama Bin Laden killed in Pakistan on 2 May
- Royal wedding in Britain on 29 Apr - Prince William and Kate Middleton

大选之外,我们还是在过我们的幸福小日子。

7号去了动物园,孩子们认真地看了海狮表演,和小动物们有近距离的接触,终于去坐了旋转木马,瀚今和阿为骑了小马,最开心的当然是玩水了。

晚上邀朋友们来我家喝红酒;

8号去了西海岸,看来妹妹和豆豆的chemistry好过小牛(豆豆太有女生缘,还是离远一点吧)。。。接连两天酷热的天(瀚今学会的新名词:),我和瀚今的皮肤被晒伤。。。

No comments:

Post a Comment