~~~~~~Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers ~~Lilypie Second Birthday tickers~~~~~~

Monday, April 18, 2011

Growing up 成长

The bedtime routine started as usual, I read him a story, turned off the light, fed him water, helped him to pee in the container, tucked him in, and kissed him good night, then, Han Jin said: Mum, you can go out now.

Just a couple of days ago, I loathed the fact that I have to sleep at his side until he falls into asleep, which probably takes more than an hour, and most of the time, I will fall sleep sooner than him. While a little relieved, I found I started missing the great bonding we had, the endless role play, and Q&A in the darkness. We used play mummy hen and baby chick, mummy duck and baby duckling, mummy sheep and baby lamb, mummy dog and baby puppy, so on and so forth, and we rotate roles......

Letting him sleep by himself probably is the correct way to go. For a boy, I'd like him tough out, be a brave and strong boy. The little sorrow I had must give way to his growing up process. One day, my Han Jin will no longer need I holding his hand, and he will face whatever life brings on and shoulder up a family. Proud of you, my dear baby!

给瀚今讲了故事,关了灯,给他喝了水,尿尿,盖好他的心爱的毛巾,亲他的额头说晚安。。。瀚今说:妈妈,你可以出去了。。。
就短短几天以前,我还总是抱怨每次要花一个多小时陪瀚今到他睡着。昨天晚上,我跟他说妈妈还有东西要做,可以出去吗?他同意了,今天他主动放我出来。。。我已经开始想念和他一起睡的时候,各种游戏和角色扮演,在夜色中,亲情延漫,无边无际。。。
孩子们在长大,开始长成自我,慢慢脱离父母。我这样欣慰地看着,就算眼角湿润,也是幸福的泪。。。

We went to the zoo today. Shot of the day is this picture where Mei is looking at the monkeys. The sideview of Mei is clearly outlined in the backdrop of a bright Monkey's World.
Most loved animal (assessed by the time we spend at each place): a draw between Monkey and Giraffe.
Most loved activity: the water play area, without fail, this is the most loved section by both kids. Han Jin runs through the sprinkle water with a little encouragement, something he dreaded to do last time. My little boy is growing up...
Must try next time: the Merry-go-round.
A piece of advice: the new covered car park is a bit too far. You can still park at the open car park provided there is slot.
早上去了动物园。
最喜欢的照片:这张妹妹在猴山前的。
最喜欢的动物:猴子和长颈鹿。
最喜欢的活动:玩水。
下次一定要做的:试一下旋转木马。
下午我所在的居委会举行了一个嘉年华会,欢迎这一区的新议员人选。有很多儿童游乐活动,瀚今最喜欢城堡跳床。妹妹所在的幼儿园列队欢迎新议员。妈妈做义工卖票分食物。票卖出700份。。。文红婆婆抽奖还拿了一等奖。。。很开心参加社区活动,也很开心做义工。

A family carnival organised by Zone D RC, the place I serve. A fairly grand event with lots of activities, games, food and performances. Guest of Honor: Mr Chan, the PAP candidate. We all had fun, with Han Jin enjoying the bouncing castle, Mei joined her classmate to welcome Mr Chan, Mummy manned the ticketing booth and helped with the food distribution. I think I enjoy staying in HDB.

No comments:

Post a Comment