~~~~~~Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers ~~Lilypie Second Birthday tickers~~~~~~

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Overprotective parent

I have to declare: I'm an overprotective parent. Over worried. Biased, maybe? I'm sitting at a corner of the playgroup right now, watching my gal mingle merrily with the rest. It all seems fine.

While, I posted the above lines via iPhone at 10:07. Indeed, everything looks rosy then. But it made a sharp turn shortly after my post. Mei started crying, not loud, not screaming, but just very innocent sobbing with large tears running down. She realised that I am retreating to a corner, and becoming very passive. She came to me and threw her little arms around my neck and hugged me tight, resting her head on my shoulder and stayed still. We stayed the same position for about 5 mins. Teacher commented that I shouldn't be the one who send her the next day. Fine, I have to work on Thurs anyway.

I am not sure whether Mei is ready. I don't think I am ready to let her fly solo.

I guess I am this overprotective parent and I cannot help not to be.

Update on 15 Apr

Daddy went to Mei's school on Friday, accompanied her for the first hour. I peeped from the 10cm*5cm transparent window (the rest of the window is covered by paper deco, I guess it is to reduce the distraction for the kids), and noted Mei has cried non stop. I went upstairs to book the air tickets and went down again and Mei was still crying. I went in to take  Daddy's place. Mei was pacified and started to play.

Daddy is of the view that the place is not bad, and certain discipline is required, and determined to put Mei back there. Tiger Daddy!

Actually, to be fair, it is not bad. Certain discipline is required. I talked to a few mums outside the center. They all commended that teacher Zubaidah is one of the best around this area. I am confused. Teacher Zubaidah reassured me that she has taken younger child before, and she understands how dishearted parents can be to see kids going through the separation anxiety.

I still don't feel ready.  Looks that I am the one who has an issue.

让妹妹去上学,心里总是放不下,总是觉得妹妹会不习惯,老师不够关心。。爸爸拜五陪妹妹去,认为还不错。下周妹妹就自己去了,家人不能陪了。。。。

No comments:

Post a Comment