~~~~~~Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers ~~Lilypie Second Birthday tickers~~~~~~

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Stress 压力

No much mood to write blog these few days. Couldn't sleep at night. All signs of stress.

Sources of stress:

- Work: I am tasked to make a presentation to some senior Directors in the firm on a topic... that I am not familiar with on the Monday after. I will be given a new joiners training next Monday, but I couldn't care less to prepare. On the presentation, the piece of job was done by my counterparts in New York, and I just had a brief understanding over the process, though I am probably the one who knows the most about the process in the Asia Pacific region. I dreaded to study the material on the share point. Though I have blocked my calendar for a few occasions last week, in the hope to study the files, but there were always other issues popped up. I stayed till 2pm last night at home trying to read, but my brain just refuse to work on a Friday night. I scheduled two late night calls with my counterparts in NY next week, and hopefully can get some time to study and prepare the slides. I foresee I will be stressed until the date of the delivery: 27 Jun.

- Sickness: Han Jin had a skin allergic reaction 2 weeks ago after I applied some lotion prescribed by Prof Hui to lighten the scar. He played too hard over the last weekend, and fell sick on Monday. We thought it was a normal flu and withheld the antibiotics GP at SilverCross given. Thursday, rashes with blister developed. Daddy brought him to the usual GP that we go, and I brought him to Dr Ravin on Friday morning, then to Dr Kong. It was a confirmed Chickenpox case. Thankfully, it was mild and Han Jin is still of good spirit, much to the credit of the vaccination. So, calls to all moms, maybe chickenpox vaccine is worth the jab and the costs. Dr Kong assured us that the Chickenpox should be healed within about a week for vaccinated case, while it usually takes 2 weeks for non vaccinated case.  On a side note, Dr Ravin has becoming more risk averse. He referred all the 3 cases in that morning to Dr Kong......

- Stock market: deeply in water.

- Property market: price rocket high. interest rate bottom low. Market on watchers warned softening or even a perfect storm as early as in 2013. A perfect storm is brought about by: interest rate hike, over supply and soft demand. So not the right time to enter property market, but we have to buy/rent one near to a desired school by early next year....

Let me post some lighter topic photos.

最近压力有些大:
- 瀚今出水痘,还好打过预防针,不严重,精神状态还很好。但是隔离的问题就很麻烦,只能尽量隔离两个小家伙。
- 工作上有些压力。
- 股市大跌,前景更不看好。老公坚持不要止损出场。
- 房市高价,低利率。有分析师认为两三年后房价会疲软,利率会升高。可惜我们在明年之前就要买一间在心仪的学校附近的屋子。。。鉴于目前的情况,很可能考虑在学校附近租房子,把现在的租出去。。。

看点开心的照片吧。

- 妹妹去看朵拉的表演 mei went to a Dora show at the Forum
- 出水痘局限在家却很开心的瀚今 home confined but high spirit Han Jin
- 妹妹看一个有乌龟池的公寓 A condo with a live turtle pond
- 楼下花园的Mr Yip特意给瀚今瀚月抓了一只已经做茧了的蛹,我们在等它化蝶 Mr Yip at the community garden got a encapsuled caterpilla in the cocoon, especially for Han Jin and Han Yue, nicely put in a container with a net. We are waiting for the butterfly.
- 妹妹的新玩具推车,每天会推小baby下楼玩,今天给她吹泡泡 Mei's new toy: baby pram.

1 comment: