~~~~~~Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers ~~Lilypie Second Birthday tickers~~~~~~

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Road to independence

While Mei gets a lot of attention nowadays, as she is louder and younger, Han Jin stays the sweet boy who softens my heart after a day's chaos.
  • He is most willing to help, wherever I ask 'Can you help mummy xxxx?' Being it getting a piece of tissue so that I can wipe the spill, or help me to hold mei's hand at the playground.
  • Recently, at the NTUC Fairprice checkout, I was told by the cashier that it was 6 apples for $3, instead of 5. I asked Han Jin to fetch me another apple from the fruit section, by himself. This is probably the first time that I allowed Han Jin to be out of my sight. He came back with a huge grin, hiding the apple in between his small hands. 'Mummy, guess what's in my hands?'
  • He started an English enrichment class, and pulled me to a corner after the first class. 'Mummy, I tell you something. Just now I went to the toilet, and after my pee, I flushed the toilet. The water is blue!' with concealed excitement.
  • His school is organising a Taiwan trip in early Dec. I couldn't go as it is during month end closing period. 'Mummy, I will take the bullet train, visit the 101 building, eat lots of nice food, take the aeroplane, and stay in a Hotel in Taiwan!' 'Ok. Mummy couldn't go with you.' 'I will not go if Mummy is not going, I will miss you so much!' 'Would you be sad if you don't go?' 'I will be a little bit sad, but I will be very happy to be with you.'
  • At the community center, while I was talking to the Kumon teacher, he stated that he was urgent and run to the toilet at the other end by himself. He later told me that he peed on a triangle? Is that a urinal?
He is capably of doing many things solo nowadays, though I still have butterflies in my stomach whenever he is out of my watch.

On the Taiwan trip, yes, he's going.... with daddy... sob....

No comments:

Post a Comment